Snorting Xanax: A way to death!
Snorting Xanax is becoming the trend amongst abusers and youngsters. They find snorting Xanax a fast way to get high. However, in reality, consuming Xanax by snorting method makes you high and leads the way to death. Yes, you heard right! Snorting such medications for the long term can cause life-endangering side effects. Therefore, the DEA and FDA have implemented strict standards to control benzodiazepine abuse.
People who crush Xanax and snort it don’t buy it with the prescription. Abusers usually get Xanax bars from fake online pharmacies and on the street illegally without the legal Rx. And some people misuse their family members’ and friends’ prescriptions to obtain it. In most cases, people who buy alprazolam online or get it on the street encounter fake Xanax bars. Fake Xanax bars hold harmful active ingredients such as fentanyl. Fentanyl releases the same effects as benzodiazepine in the body. However, such active ingredients lead to more dangerous effects in the long term than benzos.
What effects are released by snorting Xanax?
Before you know the effects of snorting Xanax, you must know the primary usage of the Xanax bars.
FDA and Xanax-
- Xanax has been assigned by doctors since 1956 as an antianxiety medication.
- It mainly effectively addresses anxiety and panic attacks as the front-line treatment.
- However, the doctor may assign Xanax bars for seizure and insomnia as a secondary treatment.
- The Xanax bars seem only effective in the short-term treatment with low dosages.
- In addition, long-term Xanax use can make you prone to meet addiction.
- Therefore, you should take this medication only for front-line treatment under the doctor’s observation.
Formulations- Xanax comes in multiple formulations such as a tablet, mouth dissolving tablet, XR, and liquid solution. You should take assistance from the doctor to know which variant is the best for you.
When you take Xanax pills, it releases the effects in the body within 20 minutes. However, people who crush up and snort the Xanax bars feel the effects 5 minutes earlier, i.e., within 15 minutes. Although the intensifying speed of effects was similar in both administration routes. However, the side effects are higher due to snorting Xanax bars. Besides, crushing up and snorting it is as dangerous as abusing the prescription drug for the long term.
Is Xanax a safe medication if you take it orally?
In general, Xanax is a safe medication if you take it for anxiety or panic disorder. However, it is only safe until you follow the precautions and guidelines. And you will have to remain on the directed Xanax dosage for the approved duration. In case you increase the dosage or skip the precaution, you become prone to its serious side effects. Therefore, you should use this medication under the professional’s supervision to avoid negative ends.
On the other hand, taking up Xanax by snorting method becomes highly dangerous for your health. Abusing Xanax bars in this way for the short term can induce effects like drowsiness, low blood pressure, dizziness, and memory problem. And in case you take it up with alcohol, you may find serious side effects. It may include slow breathing and an irregular heartbeat that make you vulnerable to death. Therefore, you should avoid taking Xanax by snorting method to curb such side effects.
Remark: People usually snort Xanax to get them high faster. They consider taking Xanax bars this way high them faster than taking it orally. However, if you crush up and snort, you can be prone to nasal infection, respiratory issues, and lung infection. So, if you think taking it this way is safe, you are playing with your health.
What are the short-term effects of snorting Xanax?
There is a misconception among those who take Xanax by crushing it up into a fine powder to snort it. They think that snorting Xanax releases the high effects faster than taking it orally. However, snorting Xanax pills releases the effects only two minutes earlier than taking it orally. Although the side effects of taking it through the snorting method are higher and more dangerous than oral pills.
Some noticeable effect of snorting it for the short term-
- Low blood pressure
- Slowed breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Memory impairment
- Lack of coordination
What are the long-term effects of Xanax’s snorting?
The long-term use of Xanax bars this way can cause hazardous effects on the body. And the intensity and severity of each long-term effect increase over time. Therefore, you should avoid taking the Xanax bars this way to prevent such outcomes. In addition, if you keep snorting it for the long term, you are prone to meet the below symptoms.
- Nasal infection
- Respiratory depression
- Memory impairment
- Lungs problem
- Blurred vision
- Stomach problems
Is it possible to overdose on snorting Xanax?
Taking the Xanax bars in a prescribed way doesn’t lead to serious side effects. However, taking the Xanax bars in the non-prescribed or through any other administration route such as snorting induces serious side effects. The side effects may range from moderate to severe. If you take a high amount, you may even meet the overdose.
Yes, you may meet the Xanax overdose due to taking it by snorting method. In addition, you may find a problem getting the prescribed amount in the powered forms. Therefore, the miscalculation of the dose can increase the chances of Xanax overdose.
Some major symptoms of the Xanax overdose-
- Poor coordination
- Lack of consciousness
- Profound dizziness
Other activities such as taking Xanax with other prescriptions or with alcohol also increase the fatal overdose chances. And other possible cause of the Xanax overdose could be-
- Taking the Xanax bars in more than the prescribed amount.
- Using it without the approval of the doctor.
- Consuming it in the non-approved administration route.
Does Xanax bar cause addiction?
Yes, you may get addicted to Xanax in the short and long-term use. However, the chances of falling under the Xanax addiction are higher only when you take it long-term. Therefore, you should follow the prescribed treatment duration and precautions. In case you increase the treatment duration and dosage, you are at high risk of developing Xanax addiction.
A person with Xanax addiction may go through multiple behavioral changes. In medical language, professionals refer to it as a substance misuse disorder. Substance misuse disorder stands for the inability to cut off drug usage like Xanax. Other people may notice the several changes in the people addicted to Xanax such as-
- Taking the Xanax dosage in more than the prescribed amount.
- Trying to cut off the use but unable to do so.
- Increasing the dosage more to get its effects.
- Craving for dosage without the necessity.
- Going through Xanax withdrawals when trying to cut off.
- Expanding the treatment span without direction.
If you snort Xanax, you may go through the additional symptoms too. However, the below symptoms don’t occur when you take oral pills.
- Running nose
- Nasal congestion
- Frequent sniffing
What are the other ways of abusing Xanax?
There are some other ways too of abusing Xanax other than snorting. However, all of them include snorting Xanax. None of them is a safe method of administration. You may suffer severe consequences if you abuse Xanax through any method.
- Shooting Xanax in the body is a dangerous method of taking it.
- Abusers directly inject the Xanax through a needle in the bloodstream to get its effects immediately.
- Sometimes, people mix it with other potent drugs to expand its effects.
- This method of taking Xanax increases the infection rate if done by using a needle.
- Smoking Xanax off can lead to highly perilous effects on the body.
- People mix other drugs with Xanax bars to get its effects.
- However, smoking Xanax seems less active in producing effects than taking it orally.
- You may go through heart diseases and Alzheimer’s due to taking Xanax off of tin foil.
- If you chew the Xanax bars, it breaks into small pieces.
- That small pieces of Xanax bars are absorbed into the bloodstream quickly.
- Thereafter, the effects of the Xanax bars reach the brain faster as compared to other practice methods.
- However, FDA disapproves of taking up Xanax bars due to serious side effects.